It’s been a very busy (albeit four day!) week. We’ve covered over 350 miles installing our bespoke blinds and shutters and are also looking forward to welcoming a new fitter to our skilled design team – more about this development soon!
The Location | A home in Beckenham, Kent
The Project | The installation of plantation shutters in a newly refurbished bathroom
The Brief | Dual aspect windows needed dressing in a way that would entirely compliment the clean minimalism of this bathroom and open up the window spaces, providing a relaxing spa space for our client to relax and unwind in. The bathroom features a grey freestanding bath with luxurious white roll-top that blends beautifully with mid-height dove grey tiling and charcoal flooring. This grey design palette offsets the bright and white three-piece suite and matching paintwork. It was important that window dressings were bright and improved natural light ingress, whilst maintaining privacy.
The Solution | Plantation shutters from the Niagara range in silk white were the perfect choice for this Bathroom. This range is waterproof and they have stainless steel hinges to avoid rust. We installed full height plantation shutters with midrails in this Beckenham bathroom, allowing for the 63mm louvres in the top section to be operated completely separately from those in the lower, using a central control rod. This design of plantation shutters is a great option for bathrooms as privacy is key but light ingress can still be enjoyed.
Plantation shutters for bathrooms are an ideal choice. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. They create space and ambience by making rooms look bigger. There are no over-hang issues that curtains may create. Our shutters are made to measure and fit perfectly with your windows.
2. They won’t expand and break in hot temperatures and they insulate your bathroom (saving you money on your energy bills) when it’s cold. Unlike other styles of wooden blinds that can warp in a hot environment, our shutters don’t fall victim to humidity. Engineered panels are waterproof and feature a grooved overlap to accommodate and absorb any joint expansions, further protecting our shutters.
3. They are extremely easy to keep clean. Nothing looks worse than mildewed curtains hanging perilously close to your lavatory or sink. A simple wipe clean of durable shutter louvres leaves them dust and germ free and totally spotless. Our shutter ranges are designed to last, which is why they are always offered with a guarantee.
4. Your privacy is entirely protected. No need for frosted glass on windowpanes or closed curtains. Shutters provide total coverage and a range of options when you need it. Simply close louvres as much as you desire; partially to allow some natural light to flood through or fully for complete discretion.
5. You have total light control. Closing curtains or blinds means that light is totally omitted from your bathroom when you’re using it. The combinations available with plantation shutters are always guaranteed to allow you to enjoy natural light to its maximum impact. You can open them entirely, fold back certain sections, or close sections of louvres whilst keeping others open.
Like the look of the finished product installation? Whether you’re by the Thames or the seafront (are you following us on Instagram yet?) the team at Bromley Blinds is happy to advise on the best light control solutions for your home.